JAMED operates a safety policy that draws on the experience gained from hundreds of projects successfully completed Kingdom wide. The safety policy insures high level of safety and health protection for all employees and to prevent accidents of individuals during execution of works.
In order to work successfully with international contractors JAMED’s safety policy has previously been required to meet standards set by:
- ARI- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Institute
- AMCA- Air Moving and Control Association
- ANSI- American National Standards Institute
- ASHRAE- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning
- ASTM- American Society for Testing and Materials
- NFPA- National Fire Protection Association
- NEMA- National Electrical Manufacturer’s Association
- SMACNA-Sheet Metal Air Conditioning Contractors National Association
- BSI- British Standards Institute
- DIN- Deutsche Institute fuer Normen
- IEC- International Electro technical Commission
- UL- Underwriters’ Laboratory
- UBC- Uniform Building Code
- STC- Saudi Telecom Company
- SEC- Saudi Electricity Company
- Danieli International (Saudi Arabia) Ltd.
- Glaxo Saudi Arabia Ltd.
- Hochtief AG
- Taylor Woodrow International
- Teamwork SA
- Alstom Power
JAMED’s policy is adapted to each project to meet the projects consultant, the main contractor and client’s own specific safety standards, thereby ensuring consistent level of safety across the whole project site.
Jamed has also been awarded a certificate of recognition on completion of 5,000,000 safe man hours without loss time accident at Shoaiba Steam Power Plant Project Stage 2, Phase 1 & 2.
Safety Personnel and Forms
For each project a site engineer or site supervisor is nominated as Safety Inspector; selected for his extensive knowledge of well known safe working methods and practices. Each has the responsibility to continually checks safe working according to JAMED’s Safety Manual.
Periodically safety forms, which are completed on site, are presented to the Project Manager. He will take the necessary actions as per the Safety Manual to ensure high safety standards are maintained.
JAMED’s safety inspectors are continuously provided with necessary training sessions ‘in-house’ and at external training agencies. The objectives of the training are as follows:
- Getting familiar with safe working practices
- Learning JAMED’s safety policy